6 or more months before
- Think about the type of wedding you want, formal or informal, big or small, and the time of the year you want it to take place.
- Set a budget and establish priorities. Discuss who will cover each expense. Make sure to record each deposit and payment to your budget.
- Arrange for the groom’s family to formally meet the bride’s.
- Announce your engagement to friends and family.
- Finalize wedding date. Have backup dates in mind if the venue, photographer, makeup artist and stylist, etc., are already booked.
- Send save-the-date cards if needed.
- Make a shortlist of suppliers. Research prior to booking the final suppliers.
- Compile guest list, and organize addresses and contact numbers. The number of guests will affect your choice of venue.
- Reserve ceremony and reception sites.
- Hire a wedding coordinator if desired.
- Select Bridal and Liturgical Entourage. Visit your principal sponsors to inform them and thank them for accepting invitation.
- Select a designer for your dress and order accessories.
- Select your officiant. Visit your officiant so that he may get to know you and your fiance better.
- Book caterer. Discuss with them any favorite food or family recipes you want to incorporate.
- Book florist/event stylist. Collect ideas and determine an overall theme.
- Book music (DJ, band, or ensemble) for the ceremony and reception. Ensure their music style fits the mood of your wedding.
- Book photographer and videographer. Give the photographer and videographer a list of shots you think are important.
- Schedule trial hair and makeup sessions with shortlisted makeup artists. Book chosen makeup artist and hairstylist.
- Begin any beauty and/or fitness regimen, if desired.
- Plan and book your honeymoon.
- Plan your new home.
4 to 6 or more months before
- Reserve rental equipment , such as tables, chairs, and tents (if needed).
- Arrange transportation for the wedding day.
- Order all stationary from invitations and thank-you notes; book calligrapher, if desired.
- Order wedding cake.
- Order or purchase wedding rings.
- Order groom’s attire.
- Order attendant’s attire.
- Buy any special lingerie your dress requires.
- Decide on favors. If you’re making or wrapping the favors, start ASAP!
- Book a hotel room for the night before and after the wedding, if desired.
- Choose gifts for the wedding party.
2 to 4 or more months before
- Discuss details or menu and table settings with the caterer and schedule a food tasting.
- Conduct a mock-up of your centerpiece and table settings with your florist and caterer.
- Discuss ceremony with officiant and work on missalette contents.
- Attend to legal and church requirements or seminars.
- Schedule “Despedida de Soltera” if desired.
- Register for gifts
- Mail invitations and purchase guest book
- Have first dress fitting (with shoes and lingerie).
- Order wine, champagne, liquor
- Select your host and discuss the reception program.
- Sign-up for dance lessons, if desired.
1 to 2 months before
- Have missalettes printed after having them proofread.
- Check and update your registries if needed.
- Work on a list of must-play and do-not play songs and remind your musicians about it on the day!
- Send out “Despedida de Soltera” invites, if desired.
- Purchase something pretty to wear (e.g. a nice robe or dress) for “getting ready”.
- Inform people who will be giving speeches to give them ample time to prepare.
- Write thank-you notes as gifts arrive.
2 weeks before
- Have a final dress fitting with shoes, accessories, and lingerie. Break-in wedding shoes at home.
- Call guests who have not RSVP’d. Notify caterer of guest count. Begin seating plan, and print place cards.
- Write a speech for reception.
- Hold “Despedida de Soltera,” if desired.
- Create a wedding day schedule. Send the information to your wedding party and suppliers.
- Confirm wedding day details with all suppliers/may also ask your coordinator to do so. Send information to your wedding party and suppliers.
1 weeks before
- Finalize seating plan.
- If you don’t have a coordinator, assign a specific responsibility (e.g. handing out boutonnieres, bouquets) to your wedding party.
- Have a facial or other beauty treatments.
- Pick up dress or have it delivered.
- Update caterer with final guest list and supplier meal counts.
- Confirm all final payment with your suppliers.
1 day before
- Confirm transportation arrangements.
- Have a manicure and pedicure.
- Prepare tip and payment envelops for officiant, suppliers; make arrangements for someone to distribute them.
- Pull together gown, veil, shoes, and emergency kit.
- Gather all items needed for the day (guest book, missals, favors, ring, cord, and coin pillows, etc.) and place in one container to be taken to the ceremony or reception venue.
Your Wedding Day
Take a moment to step back and enjoy
a quiet moment with your spouse.. . ♥
after the wedding
- Thank you suppliers; ensure they have been paid-in-full.
- Write thank-you notes. Etiquette gives your three months.
- Clean preserve gown, mementos, and bouquet.
- Open a joint bank account, if desired.
- Arrange for all insurance policies to include your spouse.
- Update official documents if you’re changing your name.
- … .and share photos with family and friends thru Facebook!